How to get listed on Google Maps
Important: Before you start this process, be aware that you will have to validate your details. If you choose to do this by phone, the call may come through almost immediately – so make sure that the person answering the phone knows to expect a call from the good people at Google.
1. Go to www.maps.google.com.au
2. Choose “Add or edit your business”
3. Log in to your Google account (or create one – it is free and literally only takes two minutes. You will then have to go back to www.maps.google.com.au).
4. Fill in your details in the form shown.
5. Follow each of the steps. The more details you can provide, the better the information that is provided to potential customers.
6. The final step is to confirm: you have three choices: by phone, SMS or email. (We chose phone. It was simple. But the call may come through almost immediately – so make sure that the person answering the phone knows to expect a call.)